Swanton Welding’s History
Swanton Welding and Machining was started in 1956 by George Kern. Mainly serving the farm community, George never realized what the future would hold for his one man welding business.
From the beginning, Swanton Welding and Machining has been innovative and customer driven. We always have our eye on the future never forgetting our past.
Swanton Welding and Machining was purchased by George’s Son-in-law, Norm Zeiter. Under Norm’s leadership and innovative thinking we have grown from a one man welding shop to one of the best equipped custom fabrication shops in the Midwest and Southeast.
Swanton Welding and Machining purchased the Pilliod Machining Co. who was the inventor of the Baker Steam Valve.
Swanton Welding and Machining purchased an 85,000 sq. ft. building in Griffin, Georgia and opened a production facility equipped with state of the art lasers and robots while maintaining the capabilities to fabricate custom fabrications.
Swanton Welding and Machining purchased a 50,000 sq. ft. building in Swanton, Ohio for the production of truck beds and installation.
Swanton Welding and Machining purchased a 35,000 sq. ft. building in Monclova , Ohio to enhance our production facility.
Swanton Welding purchased a 65,000 sq. ft. Building in Swanton, Ohio to facilitate our beam line to do structural steel fabrications.
Swanton Welding and Machining Co. purchased a 150,000 sq. ft. building to house our Heavy Fab Division. Equipped with 40 ton cranes and oversize doors we can fabricate almost any size fabrication.
Swanton Welding and Machining purchased a 67,000 sq. ft. building to house anything from custom fabrication to production.